By: Kara Parnell
Our recipe for Vegan Taco Soup is, I'm just going to say it...a fiesta in your mouth! This is a great soup for a get together with family and friends, because it is simple to make, super satisfying and full of flavour, and is FUN to eat! With a tasty variety of garnishes to choose from, guests will have fun “souping” up their soup with a spoonful of plain coconut yoghurt, a sprinkle of coriander, a squeeze of lime, and even a few shreds of your favourite vegan cheese.
- Make dry rub for tofu by combining chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, salt, and coconut sugar, in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add Chopped tofu to the bowl and mix with hands until tofu pieces are coated on all sides with dry rub.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a saute pan. Add tofu and cook until golden and crispy on the outside. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine veggie broth, water, tomato puree, black beans, and corn. Cook on medium-high until comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve soup with a dollop of coconut yogurt, a few coriander leaves. Scoop with tortilla chips, or if you’re not feeling adventurous, you can always use a spoon. : )
Other recipes you might like