Fluffy Marshmallow on a crispy, crackly base with a drizzle of chocolate on top
- Rice Krispie Base:
3–4 tbsp coconut oil (or non-dairy butter)
22 dandies vegan marshmallows
4 cups gluten-free Puffs. I used buckwheat. You could use rice,millet or a combo of all.
- Marshmallow Layer
2 tbsp coconut oil
20 dandies vegan marshmallows
- Chocolate Drizzle:
½ cup semi-sweet (or dark) vegan chocolate chips
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup (optional, adds shine)
3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- Line a baking dish with baking paper and set aside. Note: the larger the pan, the thinner the squares will be.
- Melt coconut oil on medium-low heat. Add in marshmallows and allow them to melt into fluff by continuously stirring and breaking them up with a wooden spoon (it helps to get them to melt a bit faster).
- Add puffs and mix the entire mixture thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture into a baking dish. This part will be a little messy and a little sticky, so use 2 spoons to help you along. Use a sheet of baking paper to flatten and press the mixture, by laying on top and pressing in with your hands or with a flat object. Press the mixture down as much as you can and flatten the top so that the mixture is even.
- Put the pan in the fridge to cool off while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Follow step one from previous directions to warm up and melt down marshmallow fluff.
Remove krispies from the fridge.Scoop out the melted marshmallow fluff and spread it out over the krispies mixture. Move quickly while mixture is warm, and don’t worry if it’s not perfect—just try to spread it out as evenly as possible.
Melt chocolate using a double boiler in the following way: Bring water in a small sauce pan to a boil. Place a glass heat-proof bowl on top (make sure it’s not touching the water). Place all drizzle ingredients except the milk in the bowl. Allow mixture to melt. Stir frequently.
Once chocolate is melted, add in the non-dairy milk, one tbsp at a time. Mix thoroughly in between each addition to make sure it’s fully incorporated into the melted chocolate.
Quickly use chocolate mixture with a spoon and drizzle over the marshmallow later.
Set the krispies aside and allow to cool for another 5-10 minutes at room temperature.
Note: you can cool them off faster in the fridge, but the chocolate drizzle will likely lose its shine.
Carefully lift out the krispie treats out of the pan (by lifting out parchment paper) and transfer onto a cutting board. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like