You've got to love a recipe that is loaded with healthy veg, whisks you away to the Mediterranean in one bite, and takes just minutes to whip up. Our recipe for Authentic Spanish Gazpacho is such a fun change of pace from a traditional hot soup. It's fresh and light, and perfect for a light dinner on a busy weeknight, or paired with a fat slice of crusty bread, a little prosciutto, and some melon, for a special weekend meal.
Photo Credit: wholesomelicious.com
- 6-8 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 slice of hearty bread, (like sourdough)
- 1/2 C. water
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 3 tsp. olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- A pinch of roasted pepitas to garnish
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, capsicum, onion, and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Soak the slice of bread for a few seconds in a small bowl with water. Wring out the water, and add bread to the processor.
- Add the paprika, oregano, and parsley to the processor, and mix until well combined.
- While the processor is running, drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper, taste and adjust if necessary.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 2 hours, then serve in bowls, garnished with a swirl of olive oil, a pinch of fresh oregano and parsley, and the roasted pepitas.
Other recipes you might like