Created by Ashley Jubinville for more about Ashley and her amazing programs go to www.thekitchencoach.com
- Spot-peel and steam-boil the potatoes in a large saucepan in only ~ 1 ½ Cup water, with the lid on.
- Cook them until they are quite soft, drain excess water.
- Add the drained chickpeas, onion, lemon, and oil, and mash until only small chunks remain (not fully smooth).
- Add remaining ingredients and mash/stir only until incorporated evenly.
- Mix up all ingredients for the coating in a wide bowl.
- Form patties in your hands with the potato mixture and toss them in the coating until covered.
- Transfer to a frying pan to cook straight away or into a container to freeze for next time.
- Fry with only a tiny amount of oil to coat the pan, just until the surfaces have browned slightly and the cakes are warm throughout.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
Serve these scrumptious dilly cakes alongside a fresh garden, greek, or Caesar salad.
Other accompaniments could include veggie skewers, soup, steamed veggies, etc.
Instead of making cakes, try making appetiser balls and serve with toothpick skewers. These can be baked instead of fried as well. Potential dipping sauces could include aioli, spicy mayo, honey mustard sauce, tomato chutney, or mustard relish.
If you love, make a double or triple batch for extra-easy access from the freezer in lunches or for easy dinners when you get home. They can equally be served for breakfast!
Other recipes you might like