By Ashley Jubenville - The Kitchen Coach
We are so excited to spotlight the wonderful, healthy creations of Fresh Box's good friend, Ashley Jubenville - The Kitchen Coach.
Today Ashley shares a recipe for an incredibly flavorful, intensely nutritious dish, Curried Cauliflower Salad. This salad is perfectly balanced, with flavors all at once deep and umami from the curry spices, and bright and light from the lemons, peas, and fresh herbs. This tasty salad is perfect as an accompaniment for any meal, and substantial enough to hold it's own as a main dish.
Ashley recommends serving this salad with lemon slices and a drizzle of good olive oil, or a thinned yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and fresh mint, taking the already incredible flavors to the next level.
Check out more of Ashley Jubenville's nutritious and creative culinary creations at her website, thekitchencoach.com.
- Finely dice (or blitz in a food processor) the onions and saute them in a saucepan with oil and salt.
- Once soft and slightly browned, add the curry powder and garlic. Stir well and cook for ~ 2 minutes before removing from heat.
- Pre-heat the oven with top-heat only (grill setting) to 200°C (400°F). Place the oven rack near the middle, or slightly above the middle of the oven.
- Chop the cauliflower into large florets. Blitz-pulse ⅓ of the head at a time, in a food processor, to achieve an even 'coleslaw-like' or 'fried-rice-like' texture. Transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- Finish processing all the cauliflower and add into the bowl.
- Add the peas, finely chopped herbs, roughly chopped almonds, thin lemon slices, and warm onion mixture. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly flat onto a single baking tray.
- Bake for ~20 minutes.
- While it's baking, unzip the strings from the snow peas and chop them in thirds or quarters.
- Finely dice the capsicum.
- Remove cauliflower mixture from oven and toss gently. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until lightly toasted on top.
- Stir through the raw snow peas and capsicum.
- Serve while still warm (or eat cold the next day). Remove cooked lemon slices before eating.
Other recipes you might like