By: Kara Parnell
Cauliflower is the healthy cook's best mate. This humble vegetable has so much to offer! It's extremely easy to work with, and so versatile, like a botanical blank canvas, ready to take on whatever flavours you throw at it. And let's not forget, cauliflower is a superfood. In fact, cauliflower has at least a bit of almost every single mineral and nutrient we need! That's impressive! It has very few calories, and heaps of essential vitamins and nutrients like: vitamin C, K, B6, and magnesium, potassium, and folate, just to name a few.
There are an endless number of methods and flavour combinations you can use when cooking with cauliflower. We're big fans of this recipe for our fresh and bright, Cauliflower Rice with Lemon and Herbs. It would make a fantastic light lunch, or be an amazing side with your dinner tonight. Give it a try!
Reference Source- healthline.com. "The Top 8 Health Benefits of Cauliflower
Photo Source- kimscravings.com
- Wash and roughly chop the cauliflower.
- Add cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, resembling rice. Process in batches if needed.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and let cook until the garlic softens and begins to turn golden brown.
- Add the riced cauliflower, stirring to combine with oil and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the veggie broth and the lemon juice to the pan, and bring to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, add the spinach. Cook for another 10-12 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender, the broth has reduced and been absorbed, and the spinach is wilted.
- Add the fresh herbs and the salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then remove from heat.
Our incredible bone broth would be an excellent substitute for the veggie broth, if you are not concerned with keeping the recipe vegan.
Other recipes you might like