I love Galette! So unrefined in presentation, yet fun and flavoursome. Versatile and wild!
- Whole wheat dough
* 1 cup unbleached flour
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* ¾ cup (1½ sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
* 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
* 1 cup ricotta
* Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
* 120 grams button mushrooms, thinly sliced
* 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
* 1 bunch large Swiss chard, ribs and stems removed, leaves cut into bite-size pieces
* All-purpose flour (for parchment)
* 1 large egg, beaten to blend
* 1 cup mixed fresh tender herbs (such as flat-leaf parsley, coriander, dill, and/or chives)
* 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
* 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
* Flaky sea salt
- Whole wheat dough - PREPARATION
* Pulse all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and salt in a food processor to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining.
* Transfer mixture to a large bowl; drizzle with vinegar and ¼ cup ice water. Mix with a fork, adding more ice water by the tablespoonful if needed, just until a shaggy dough comes together; lightly knead until no dry spots remain (do not overwork). Pat into a disk and wrap in plastic. Chill at least 2 hours.
* DO AHEAD: Dough can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
* Preheat oven to 200°C. Season ricotta with sea salt and pepper; set aside.
* Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; season with kosher salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
* Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add half of chard, season with sea salt and pepper, and cook, tossing, until slightly wilted. Add remaining chard and cook, tossing occasionally, until completely wilted, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
* Roll out dough on a lightly floured sheet of parchment to a 35cm round about 3mm thick. Transfer on parchment to a baking sheet. Spread three-fourths of ricotta over dough, leaving a 3cm border. Top with reserved chard, then mushrooms. Dollop remaining ricotta over vegetables. Bring edges of dough up and over filling, overlapping as needed, to create a 3cm border; brush with egg. Bake galette, rotating once, until crust is golden brown and cooked through, 35–40 minutes. Let cool slightly on baking sheet.
* Toss herbs with lemon juice and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; season with pepper. Top galette with herbs, zest, and sea salt.
Other recipes you might like